Don’t just trust your Ohio CCW training to anyone. Trust the profession NRA certified instructors at Blue Target Firearms. Our comprehensive 20 hour training program will have you up to speed on Ohio’s laws concerning the concealed carry of a firearm and the use of deadly force. You will have the confidence and knowledge to safely load, handle, carry, and make safe your gun. Range time will provide you the opportunity to refine your skills focusing on proper technique to draw and fire a handgun. Emphasis will be placed on grip and hand position, sigh alignment, sigh picture, proper trigger pull, and follow though after the shot. Question & answer sessions, scenario discussions, and a discussion with a lawyer or legal representative will ensure you have a solid preparation for the concealed carry of a firearm in the state of Ohio.
Training and Competency Certification
Ohio law requires that, “before you obtain a license to carry a concealed handgun, you will
need proof of your competency certification.” Blue Target’s CCW training meets the state of Ohio requirements.
When and Where?
Training is conducted at Blue Target Firearms every other weekend starting April 15, 2017. Saturday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Sunday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Classes are limited to 20 participants. Pre-registration is required. You must register by the close of business the Wednesday prior to the weekend you’d like to attend.
- Certified NRA instructors.
- 20 hours of class time including qualifying range time.
- All materials are provided. (You provide your own handgun and ammunition.)
- Q & A sessions with instructor.
- Discussion with lawyer or legal representative including what happens after.
- Refreshments are provided.
- Two 15-minute breaks and one 30-minute lunch break per day. (Lunch is on your own.)
- Handgun safety
- Fundamental shooting technique
- Personal defense by handgun
- Ohio law, both criminal and civil, related to self-defense with a handgun
- Threat awareness
- Don’t be a victim
- Safe loading, unloading and carrying of your gun
- Personal defense ammunition
What’s the Cost?
The two day CCW course is only $85. (All course fees are non-refundable.)
How to Register
To register, stop by or call Blue Target Firearms at (330) 548-5911 or submit our online registration form. Payment is accepted by credit card when you call or in person, in the store, before your class.
Blue Target Firearms is an authorized LegalShield representative. While we all hope to never fire a gun in self-defense, protect yourself if you do. LegalShield is a pre-paid legal defense service. For $28.95 a month, the LegalShield Family Plan with Trial Defense Supplement will provide:
- Coverage for you, your spouse/partner and your dependents
- Legal Advice / Counsel
- Letters / Phone Calls On Your Behalf
- Legal Document Review, including mortgage
- Trial Defense (with an additional 100 hours of trial defense coverage per year over the standard plan)
- Uncontested Divorce, Separation or Adoption
Protecting people is our business. It has been for more than 40 years. In 1969, our founder, Harland Stonecipher, had an epiphany. He found himself financially unprepared for the legal costs he incurred from an accident even though it was not his fault. From that day forward, he was determined to make sure everyone has access to legal protection. No matter how traumatic or trivial the situation. That’s how LegalShield was born.
Today, LegalShield, continues our mission by providing legal protection to over a million members in 49 states and four Canadian provinces. Our network of dedicated lawyers works diligently to keep individuals, families and businesses safe, 24/7/365.
For more information and complete coverage details visit LegalShield’s website.
Ohio’s Concealed Carry Laws Manual
Ohio Concealed Carry License Application
Ohio Attorney General’s Concealed Carry website